Royal Baby Astrology Fact Sheet
So the Royal baby is yet to make an appearance, yet there is lots of discussion about what the baby’s chart might look like, depending on when it arrives.
(I can’t help wondering if confusion around the due date is Mercury retro at work!)
Since, as written in the New York Times on Friday, the Palace has actually not announced anything other than the baby is due in July, it’s all speculation at this point. But, it is fun to guess! (Certainly better to focus on than Australia’s narrow loss in the cricket!)
Without a firm day or time of birth (the location, London, seems clear!) it’s impossible to know the baby’s Moon sign, Ascendant or Midheaven. However, based on the slower moving planets, there are some things we do know.
* If the baby is born before 4.56pm on July 22 it will be a Cancer. Since Prince William is a Cancer and the Duchess (the baby’s Mum) has her Moon in Cancer, this fits nicely. That said, with Mercury, Mars and Jupiter in Cancer until well into August, the sign of Cancer is going to be strong in the child’s chart, even if they arrive after 4.56pm on the 22nd have the Sun in Leo.
* Venus is in Leo until 1.41pm on July 22. This is classic feminine leadership energy. Queen Elizabeth II, the baby’s great-grandmother, has the Moon and Neptune in Leo. Both fixed placements have served her well in her 60+ year reign.
* Mercury is retrograde until 7.23pm on July 19. Of course, it’d be lovely for the baby, a future King or Queen, to not have Mercury retrograde. (Not because Mercury retro is bad, but because, due to the baby’s high profile role/life, it’ll help make things a little smoother for them!)
In fact, neither King George VI, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles or Prince William have Mercury retrograde. Following this pattern, the baby won’t come until Mercury retro has ended. For the more advanced readers, George, Elizabeth, Charles and William all have oriental Mercury, (rising before the Sun) as will the Royal bub.
* Normally when timing a birth, triggers to the mother’s chart, especially the Moon, are key. With no birth time on record for the Duchess, this makes it tricky in this instance.
Using triggers to Prince William’s chart – Jupiter and then Mars conjunct his Cancer Moon – suggests the dates of July 17/18 or July 21/22.
On July 17/18, the Moon is in Scorpio, which is Prince William’s MC sign. Both Prince William and the Duchess have Jupiter in Scorpio. Prince Charles is a Scorpio.
On July 21/22 the Moon is in Capricorn, which is the Duchess’ Sun sign (and the Queen’s ascendant). The Mars/Jupiter conjunction peaks that weekend, which represents one of the most potent periods in July, as the grand water trine intensifies. This is also post Mercury retrograde.
The Moon is almost Full too, which can be a labour trigger. The Moon shows links to the public. Normally the more full the Moon the public the person/their life. (The Duchess was born right around the time of a Full Moon. Curious about Moon Phases? Read my article here!)
* Queen Elizabeth is a Taurus, with the Moon in Leo and a Capricorn Ascendant (Sun and Moon fixed, Ascendant cardinal)
* Prince Charles is a Scorpio, with the Moon in Taurus and a Leo Ascendant (all fixed signs)
* Prince William is a Cancer, with the Moon in Cancer and a Sagittarius Ascendant (Sun and Moon cardinal, Ascendant mutable)
* The Duchess is a Capricorn with the Moon in Cancer (Both cardinal – no birth time means no ascendant or houses for her)
What are your thoughts? Are you intrigued by Royal Baby? Don’t care at all?